Saturday, June 9, 2012

idle goblin animation


Here's my latest, a fully rigged goblin character with his lil' sword and shield all textured up. Right now he's doing his "idle" animation loop, and soon I'll be adding more (ie. walk, run, attack, block, death... that kind of thing). Any animation peeps willing to give me some feedback? I'm feeling a bit rusty on some of the finer points of animation, but the weight feels like it moves pretty nice.

Oh, and in other news, I got turned down by Blizzard. Sad day.


3 comments:

Digital Desperado said...

I am surprised they turned you down, They turned me down too long time ago now.

Chin up your goblin looks ace.

Aaron Ludwig said...

Dude, that rig looks sweet! Nice idle too.

I think the biggest animation note I'd give is give him more overshoot. As in when he shakes his head and lowers his body then comes back up, have him go a little higher than his original pose and then settle back down a bit. Does that make sense? We goblins rarely ever hit a pose spot on, we usually go back and forth a bit in the spine as we settle into the pose.

Great work. Keep going for Blizzard, man!

Ezra Lau said...

Wow thanks for the feedback, DD and Aaron! Life just wouldn't be as awesome without peeps like you guys :D

Most Popular Posts of ALL TIME